Subject: [Bug 214867] New: UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in drivers/of/unittest.c:1933:36

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:59:02 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=214867

            Bug ID: 214867
           Summary: UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in
                    drivers/of/unittest.c:1933:36
           Product: Platform Specific/Hardware
           Version: 2.5
    Kernel Version: 5.15-rc7
          Hardware: PPC-64
                OS: Linux
              Tree: Mainline
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: P1
         Component: PPC-64
          Assignee: [email-masked]
          Reporter: [email-masked]
                CC: [email-masked]
        Regression: No

Created attachment 299361
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=299361&action=edit
kernel dmesg (kernel 5.15-rc7, Talos II)

UBSAN catches this at boot on my Talos II.

[...]
### dt-test ### EXPECT / : GPIO line <<int>> (line-C-input) hogged as input
================================================================================
UBSAN: shift-out-of-bounds in drivers/of/unittest.c:1933:36
shift exponent -1 is negative
CPU: 2 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 5.15.0-rc7-TalosII #1
Call Trace:
[c000000004163700] [c0000000008ffaa8] .dump_stack_lvl+0xa4/0x100 (unreliable)
[c000000004163790] [c0000000008fb46c] .ubsan_epilogue+0x10/0x70
[c000000004163800] [c0000000008fb270]
.__ubsan_handle_shift_out_of_bounds+0x1f0/0x34c
[c000000004163910] [c000000000ad94a0] .of_unittest_untrack_overlay+0x6c/0xe0
[c0000000041639a0] [c000000002098ff8] .of_unittest+0x4c50/0x59f8
[c000000004163b60] [c000000000011b5c] .do_one_initcall+0x7c/0x4f0
[c000000004163c50] [c00000000200300c] .kernel_init_freeable+0x704/0x858
[c000000004163d90] [c000000000012730] .kernel_init+0x20/0x190
[c000000004163e10] [c00000000000ce78] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x60
================================================================================
### dt-test ### EXPECT \ : OF: overlay: WARNING: memory leak will occur if
overlay removed, property: /testcase-data-2/substation@100/status
[...]

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.