Subject: [Bug 215389] pagealloc: memory corruption at building glibc-2.33 and running its' testsuite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 20:12:17 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215389

--- Comment #9 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 300354
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=300354&action=edit
dmesg (5.10-rc2 with ADB_PMU disabled, PowerMac G4 DP)

Took a little time but I double checked the results (one time using distcc '-j8
-l2', one time native '-j3') to be sure:

ADB_PMU disabled, VMAP_STACK disabled  ...  "neverending build"
ADB_PMU enabled,  VMAP_STACK disabled  ...  works ok
ADB_PMU disabled, VMAP_STACK enabled   ...  "neverending build"
ADB_PMU enabled,  VMAP_STACK enabled   ...  memory corruption

Version used was git db972a3787d12b1ce9ba7a31ec376d8a79e04c47, which is the one
before a last 'git bisect bad' ends the git bisect.

The "neverending builds" happen when I run this kernel with ADB_PMU disabled.
The G4 runs for several hours building (?) without reaching the glibc test
stage. With ADB_PMU enabled I get a pass or memory corruption much earlier.

Also without ADB_PMU I get a kernel panic when rebooting or shutting down the
G4. Also the G4 does not reboot/poweroff in this case, I need to switch it off
manually.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.