Subject: [Bug 215389] pagealloc: memory corruption at building glibc-2.33 and running its' testsuite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 23:33:13 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215389

--- Comment #11 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
(In reply to Christophe Leroy from comment #10)
> I'm wondering whether you could be running out of vmalloc space. I initially
> thought you were using KASAN, but it seems not according to your .config.
Correct, I was not using KASAN. I use it only for testing -rc kernels or when I
am particularly wary. This memory corruption I noticed during regular usage.
Seems running the kernel with slub_debug=FZP page_poison=1 is a good thing. ;)

> Could you try reducing CONFIG_LOWMEM_SIZE to 0x28000000 for instance and see
> if the memory corruption still happens ?
Thanks, that did the trick! With CONFIG_LOWMEM_SIZE=0x28000000 the memory
corruption is gone on VMAP_STACK enabled kernels. Tested it additionally on
current 5.16.4 where this works too.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.