Subject: [Bug 215389] pagealloc: memory corruption at building glibc-2.33 and running its' testsuite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 13:41:19 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215389

--- Comment #32 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
(In reply to Michael Ellerman from comment #30)
> It's a bit of a stab in the dark, but can you try turning preempt off?
> 
> ie. CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y
Looks like your intuition was not bad at all. ;) CONFIG_PREEMPT_NONE=y had no
effect but when I disable SMP at all '# CONFIG_SMP is not set' I get no memory
corruption and also no stack overflow issues.

Also no special treatment with Advanced Options or setting THREAD_SHIFT
manually was necessary. The G4 just does fine, albeit with 1 of it's 2 CPUs
only with disabled SMP.

For testing I did 6 of this glibc testsuite builds in a row without getting
issues. With SMP enabled I get memory corruption or stack overflow at the 1st
build allmost all of the time.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.