Subject: [Bug 215389] pagealloc: memory corruption at building glibc-2.33 and running its' testsuite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 14:08:06 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215389

--- Comment #18 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Ok, and another problem during building via distcc on the G4, still
LOWMEM_SIZE=0x28000000 (kernel v5.17.6).

[...]
Oops: Kernel stack overflow, sig: 11 [#1]
BE PAGE_SIZE=4K MMU=Hash SMP NR_CPUS=2 PowerMac
Modules linked in: auth_rpcgss nfsv4 dns_resolver nfs lockd grace sunrpc
ghash_generic gf128mul gcm ccm algif_aead des_generic libdes ctr cbc ecb
algif_skcipher aes_generic libaes cmac sha512_generic sha1_generic sha1_powerpc
md5 md5_ppc md4 hid_generic b43legacy usbhid mac80211 hid libarc4 cfg80211
snd_aoa_codec_tas rfkill snd_aoa_fabric_layout snd_aoa evdev mac_hid
therm_windtunnel firewire_ohci firewire_core crc_itu_t sr_mod cdrom ohci_pci
8250_pci radeon snd_aoa_i2sbus ohci_hcd snd_aoa_soundbus ssb snd_pcm ehci_pci
snd_timer pcmcia snd soundcore pcmcia_core hwmon 8250 ehci_hcd i2c_algo_bit
8250_base drm_ttm_helper serial_mctrl_gpio ttm drm_kms_helper usbcore
syscopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt usb_common fb_sys_fops pkcs8_key_parser fuse
drm drm_panel_orientation_quirks configfs
CPU: 0 PID: 24122 Comm: sh Not tainted 5.17.6-gentoo-PMacG4 #1
NIP:  c0018614 LR: 00000000 CTR: c103cbe0
REGS: e7fe9f50 TRAP: 0000   Not tainted  (5.17.6-gentoo-PMacG4)
MSR:  00001030 <ME,IR,DR>  CR: 00000001  XER: c000e234

GPR00: a78bfe90 80002288 00000000 d6a5e1a0 e991de60 0068c6c4 a7a3ff98 c1099000 
GPR08: 00000000 e991dec0 d6a5e1a0 80002288 005900d0 0068fff4 00000000 00000007 
GPR16: 00000029 00000007 00bc44b0 a7ddafe8 a78bfe90 fffff000 00000000 00000000 
GPR24: 005900d0 0068c6c4 c0dcc7a0 c1402b48 caa899c0 c103cbe0 c4ce9400 c08fe234 
NIP [c0018614] interrupt_return+0x17c/0x190
LR [00000000] 0x0
Call Trace:
Instruction dump:
40860018 7ccff120 80c10028 80010010 80210014 4c000064 7ccff120 7d3043a6 
392100c0 80c10028 80010010 80210014 <91210000> 7d3042a6 4c000064 7c000828 
---[ end trace 0000000000000000 ]---

@Christophe: Would it be helpful for these issues to try a KASAN build?

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.