Subject: [Bug 215389] pagealloc: memory corruption at building glibc-2.33 and running its' testsuite

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 07:41:19 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=215389

--- Comment #10 from Christophe Leroy ([email-masked]) ---
Thanks for the tests.

I'm not surprised that the system doesn't poweroff or reboot without ADB_PMU
because the PMU manages power.

The "neverending build" is maybe because the PMU also manages RTC clock and
without it you get inconsistent time ?

Anyway, it looks like there is indeed something linked to VMAP_STACK.

I'm wondering whether you could be running out of vmalloc space. I initially
thought you were using KASAN, but it seems not according to your .config.

Could you try reducing CONFIG_LOWMEM_SIZE to 0x28000000 for instance and see if
the memory corruption still happens ?

To do this you'll need CONFIG_ADVANCED_OPTIONS and CONFIG_LOWMEM_SIZE_BOOL.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.