Subject: [Bug 216041] Stack overflow at boot (do_IRQ: stack overflow: 1984) on a PowerMac G4 DP, KASAN debug build

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 22:54:59 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216041

--- Comment #7 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 301129
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=301129&action=edit
kernel .config (5.19-rc1, Outline KASAN + patches, PowerMac G4 DP)

Tried to reinvestigate this issue with a KASAN build of v5.19-rc1 but it seems
it's not quite there.

I applied the 2 patches "powerpc-kasan-Force-thread-size-increase-with-KASAN"
and
"v2-powerpc-irq-Increase-stack_overflow-detection-limit-when-KASAN-is-enabled"
on top of v5.19-rc1 but I get a non-booting kernel. The kernel boots first but
gets stuck on a white screen reading

"done
found display: /pci@f0000000/ATY,AlteracParent@10/ATY,Alterac_B@1, opening..."

Kernel with same config but with KFENCE instead of KASAN boots fine (see bug
#216095).

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.