Subject: [Bug 216041] Stack overflow at boot (do_IRQ: stack overflow: 1984) on a PowerMac G4 DP, KASAN debug build

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 00:47:30 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216041

Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
             Status|NEW                         |RESOLVED
                 CC|                            [email-masked]
         Resolution|---                         |CODE_FIX

--- Comment #9 from Michael Ellerman ([email-masked]) ---
The two patches mentioned in comment #7 were merged as:

3e8635fb2e07 ("powerpc/kasan: Force thread size increase with KASAN")

https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/3e8635fb2e072672cbc650989ffedf8300ad67fb

41f20d6db2b6 ("powerpc/irq: Increase stack_overflow detection limit when KASAN
is enabled")

https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/41f20d6db2b64677225bb0b97df956241c353ef8

The boot failure with v5.19-rc1 might have been some other issue?

I'll close this for now, please reopen if you see this again.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.