Subject: [Bug 216095] sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/platform/of-display'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 23:52:44 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216095

--- Comment #5 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 303182
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=303182&action=edit
dmesg (6.0-rc1, PowerMac G5 11,2)

Still shows up in 6.1-rc5:

[...]
sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/platform/of-display'
CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Tainted: G                T  6.1.0-rc5-PMacG5 #2
Hardware name: PowerMac11,2 PPC970MP 0x440101 PowerMac
Call Trace:
[c000000001b37610] [c000000000b4e7c0] .dump_stack_lvl+0x7c/0xd8 (unreliable)
[c000000001b376a0] [c00000000040c338] .sysfs_warn_dup+0x78/0xc0
[c000000001b37730] [c00000000040c56c] .sysfs_create_dir_ns+0x13c/0x160
[c000000001b377d0] [c000000000b5869c] .kobject_add_internal+0x14c/0x3c0
[c000000001b37870] [c000000000b590a8] .kobject_add+0x68/0x100
[c000000001b37900] [c0000000008074b0] .device_add+0xe0/0xbd0
[c000000001b379f0] [c000000000909f44] .of_device_add+0x44/0x70
[c000000001b37a60] [c00000000090a790]
.of_platform_device_create_pdata+0xc0/0x160
[c000000001b37b00] [c0000000010737e8]
.of_platform_default_populate_init+0x41c/0x4c4
[c000000001b37be0] [c00000000000fa84] .do_one_initcall+0x84/0x2b8
[c000000001b37cc0] [c000000001005c98] .kernel_init_freeable+0x420/0x54c
[c000000001b37da0] [c00000000000ff50] .kernel_init+0x20/0x190
[c000000001b37e10] [c00000000000bd58] .ret_from_kernel_thread+0x58/0x60
kobject_add_internal failed for of-display with -EEXIST, don't try to register
things with the same name in the same directory.
PCI: Probing PCI hardware

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.