Subject: [Bug 216095] sysfs: cannot create duplicate filename '/devices/platform/of-display'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2023 15:01:23 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216095

--- Comment #11 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 303554
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=303554&action=edit
device tree - PowerMac G5 11,2

Here's also the device tree of my G5, having the same issue.

It was not necessary to force the output via '-f' here but I got lots of
warnings:

 # dtc -I fs -O dts /proc/device-tree > PowerMac-G5_11,2_device-tree.dts
<stdout>: Warning (reg_format): /smu@0,0:reg: property has invalid length (4
bytes) (#address-cells == 2, #size-cells == 1)
<stdout>: Warning (pci_bridge): /ht@0,f2000000/pci@4: missing ranges for PCI
bridge (or not a bridge)
<stdout>: Warning (pci_bridge): /ht@0,f2000000/pci@1: missing ranges for PCI
bridge (or not a bridge)
<stdout>: Warning (unit_address_format): Failed prerequisite 'pci_bridge'
<stdout>: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
<stdout>: Warning (pci_device_reg): Failed prerequisite 'pci_bridge'
<stdout>: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
<stdout>: Warning (pci_device_bus_num): Failed prerequisite 'pci_bridge'
<stdout>: Warning (simple_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
<stdout>: Warning (i2c_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
<stdout>: Warning (spi_bus_reg): Failed prerequisite 'reg_format'
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size): /rom@0,ff800000/boot-rom@fff00000:
Relying on default #size-cells value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/escc@13000/ch-b@13000: Relying on default
#size-cells value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/escc@13000/ch-a@13020: Relying on default
#size-cells value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/i2s@0/i2s-c@14000: Relying on default #size-cells
value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/i2s@0/i2s-a@10000: Relying on default #size-cells
value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/escc-legacy@12000/ch-b@12000: Relying on default
#size-cells value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_default_addr_size):
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@8/mac-io@7/escc-legacy@12000/ch-a@12004: Relying on default
#size-cells value
<stdout>: Warning (avoid_unnecessary_addr_size): Failed prerequisite
'avoid_default_addr_size'
<stdout>: Warning (unique_unit_address): Failed prerequisite
'avoid_default_addr_size'
<stdout>: Warning (chosen_node_stdout_path): /chosen:linux,stdout-path: Use
'stdout-path' instead
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ipc: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ipc)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci6: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@6)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:nvram: aliases property is not a
valid node (/nvram)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:mac-io: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:usb3: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8/@b,1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci4: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@4)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:k2-sata: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:macio-mpic: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io/mpic)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:via-pmu: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io/via-pmu)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci2: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@2)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ultra2: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@2/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:k2-mac-io: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:k2-fw: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/firewire)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ui2c: aliases property is not a valid
node (/u4/i2c)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sccb: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io/escc/ch-b)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sd2: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@2/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cpu3: aliases property is not a valid
node (/cpus/@3)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:k2-cd: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/ata-6/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ultra0: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:hd: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:usb-2b: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/@b,1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sd0: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@0/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci9: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sata: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:fw: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/firewire)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cpu1: aliases property is not a valid
node (/cpus/@1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:enet1: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@2/@4,1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:enet: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@2/@4)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci7: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@7)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:last-boot: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht@0,f2000000/pci@2/bcom5714)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:wireless: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/@1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci10: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@a)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cd: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/ata-6/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:k2-uata: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/ata-6)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:u4: aliases property is not a valid
node (/u4)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci5: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@5)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:usb2: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8/@b)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci3: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@3)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ultra3: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@3/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:uata: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/ata-6)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sysclk: aliases property is not a
valid node (/smu/smu-i2c-control/i2c-bus@b/@d4)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sd3: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@3/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:first-boot: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht@0,f2000000/pci@9/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci1: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:uni-mpic: aliases property is not a
valid node (/u4/mpic)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ultra1: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@1/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:usb-2c: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/@b,2)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:dart: aliases property is not a valid
node (/u4/dart)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:scca: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io/escc/ch-a)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:sd1: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/k2-sata-root/k2-sata@1/disk@0)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cpu2: aliases property is not a valid
node (/cpus/@2)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cd1: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@9/ata-6/disk@1)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:usb-2a: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@8/@b)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci8: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:smu: aliases property is not a valid
node (/smu)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:ki2c: aliases property is not a valid
node (/ht/pci@8/mac-io/i2c)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:pci11: aliases property is not a
valid node (/ht/pci@b)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:rtc: aliases property is not a valid
node (/smu)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:uni-n: aliases property is not a
valid node (/u4)
<stdout>: Warning (alias_paths): /aliases:cpu0: aliases property is not a valid
node (/cpus/@0)

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.