Subject: [Bug 216156] kmemleak: Not scanning unknown object at 0xc00000007f000000

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 00:39:34 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216156

--- Comment #4 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 301653
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=301653&action=edit
dmesg (6.0-rc2, PowerMac G5 11,2)

Reinvestigating on v6.0-rc2. kmemleak does no longer show any leaks but the
"Not scanning unknown object at 0xc00000007f000000" is still there:

[...]
PowerMac motherboard: PowerMac G5 Dual Core
ioremap() called early from .btext_map+0x64/0x100. Use early_ioremap() instead
ioremap() called early from .iommu_init_early_dart+0x274/0x968. Use
early_ioremap() instead
kmemleak: Not scanning unknown object at 0xc00000007f000000
CPU: 0 PID: 0 Comm: swapper Tainted: G                T  6.0.0-rc2-PMacG5+ #2
Call Trace:
[c00000000257bb00] [c0000000008f8eb4] .dump_stack_lvl+0xb0/0x124 (unreliable)
[c00000000257bb90] [c00000000041ef48] .kmemleak_no_scan+0x118/0x130
[c00000000257bc10] [c00000000201e6e4] .iommu_init_early_dart+0x304/0x968
[c00000000257bd40] [c00000000201f92c] .pmac_probe+0x1ac/0x218
[c00000000257bde0] [c00000000200b284] .setup_arch+0x1a4/0x70c
[c00000000257beb0] [c000000002004d34] .start_kernel+0x13c/0xd2c
[c00000000257bf90] [c00000000000c608] start_here_common+0x1c/0x94
DART table allocated at: (____ptrval____)
DART IOMMU initialized for U4 type chipset
Using PowerMac machine description
printk: bootconsole [udbg0] enabled
CPU maps initialized for 1 thread per core
[...]

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.