Subject: [Bug 216183] Kernel 5.19-rc4 boots ok with CONFIG_PPC_RADIX_MMU=y but fails to boot with CONFIG_PPC_HASH_MMU_NATIVE=y

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 18:07:51 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216183

--- Comment #6 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 301395
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=301395&action=edit
kernel .config (kernel 5.10.129, Talos II)

Tried some LTS kernels and with 5.10.x I got a .config working to boot the
Talos 2 with HASH MMU on my system.

Also I found out that selecting CONFIG_PAGE_POISONING=y in the working 5.10.x
config renders the kernel unbootable again. Though this seems a different
issue, as simply deselecting PAGE_POISONING in my 5.19-rc .config did not help.
So I opened bug #216238 for this issue.

5.11.x also boots with HASH MMU, but I got problems on 5.12.x again. 5.15 LTS
shows almost the same behaviour as described here for 5.19-rc.

At least I got a starting point now for a bisect.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.