Subject: [Bug 216715] kernel 6.1-rc5 + KASAN_OUTLINE fails to boot at very early stage when DEBUG_PAGEALLOC_ENABLE_DEFAULT is enabled (PowerMac G4 3,6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 22:34:53 +0000

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216715

Erhard F. ([email-masked]) changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Attachment #303257|0                           |1
        is obsolete|                            |

--- Comment #7 from Erhard F. ([email-masked]) ---
Created attachment 304310
  --> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/attachment.cgi?id=304310&action=edit
dmesg (6.4-rc4, PowerMac G4 DP) - succesful boot

KASAN and KCSAN can't be enabled at the same time as it seems. If I select
KASAN, KCSAN is automatically disabled.

But in this case that does not seem to be a problem. Kernel 6.4-rc4 boots fine
with KASAN_OUTLINE and DEBUG_PAGEALLOC_ENABLE_DEFAULT enabled. Tested it about
a dozen times to be sure.

I'll close here when kernel 6.4.0 is released and this issue is still gone for
good.

-- 
You may reply to this email to add a comment.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are watching the assignee of the bug.