Subject: MPC5200 clock manipulation

From: Sauro Salomoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:12:54 -0300

Good afternoon.

I am using 2.4.25 denx Linux kernel in a MPC5200 custom board and I am
looking for solutions to reduce power consumption. One possible
solution is to reduce the frequencies using the CDM Registers.

But then I have a problem: the MPC5200 User Manual states that the
Power On Configuration Register is a read only register, then I can
only configure it using straps and reseting the board. And the CDM
Configurations Register, which controls IPB and PCI clocks, is already
configured for low frequencies by default.

Does anyone have a sugestion on how to reduce the frequencies (Fsystem
and XLB) without the need of a reset? Maybe there is a way of
configuring the clocks that I couldn't figure out.

Thanks in advance

-- 
Sauro Salomoni

Engeneer
Ztec
Fone: +55 61 322-2544   FAX:+55 61 224-7171
www.ztec.com.br