Subject: Re: Linux 2.6.x on 8xx status

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:26:52 -0500

On Feb 10, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Does anyone have a clue of what is/can be wrong with the TLB entry for 
> the
> address being flushed at __flush_dcache_icache()?

Not sure.  The problem is that the __flush_dcache_icache is passed a
user space virtual address that doesn't look like it is mapped for 
writing
or something.  I don't know, as an ooops isn't sufficient to debug the 
problem.
You have to catch it here and track down the current state of the TLB 
and
the page tables.  Of course, when I do this everything looks OK, so what
I've been trying to do is catch the TLBmiss reload that actually causes 
this
to happen to see what it really tried to load into the tlb.  A much more
challenging project :-)  I'll get it one of these days .....

	-- Dan