Subject: Re: CPM uart

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:51:45 -0400

On Apr 14, 2005, at 8:54 AM, Marco Schramel wrote:

> I use kernel version 2.4.25 of denx and the uart version is
> static char *serial_name = "CPM UART driver";
> static char *serial_version = "0.01";

I don't remember the progress of the new cpm serial drivers in 2.4,
I've been spending too much time in 2.6.  If you find a 2.4 kernel
with the new serial driver model (drivers/seral/cpm_uart) that
would be a big help.

> Are there newer versions? Sorry, but i am not up to date with the uart.
> Is my configuration so extraordinary ;-) ?

Yes, there are newer versions and I've never tried what you are
doing.  The console code has always been sensitive to configurations.
Although the #defines may look like it will work, the code often isn't
there to support it, and I know wasn't there in that old version of the 
code.

Thanks.

	-- Dan