Subject: [PATCH 0/4] V2 Add ability to link device blob(s) into vmlinux

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:35:58 -0800

From: Dirk Brandewie <[email-masked]>

This patch set adds the ability to link device tree blobs into
vmlinux. 

Patch 1 implements the changes to include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h and
adds a generic rule for generating DTB objects to be linked vmlinux.

Patch 2 implements linking a DTB into an x86 image.

Patch 3-4 move {powerpc,microblaze}/boot/Makefile to use the dtc rule
in patch 1.

This patch set has been tested on x86.

Powerpc and Microblaze have been compile tested with and without patch
3 and 4 applied.

Changes from V1:

Documentation added for dtc command in Makefile.lib to
Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt
Separate DTB_ALIGNMENT define removed.
FORCE removed from dtc rule.
Removed hardcoded path to dts files from dtc command.  
Moved %.dtb: %.dts rule to arch specific makefiles. 
 
Patch for adding kernel command line option to pass in dtb_compat
string dropped from this set will be submitted seperately.

Dirk Brandewie (4):
  of: Add support for linking device tree blobs into vmlinux
  x86/of: Add building device tree blob(s) into image.
  of/powerpc: Use generic rule to build dtb's
  microblaze/of: Use generic rule to build dtb's

 Documentation/kbuild/makefiles.txt |   15 +++++++++++++++
 arch/microblaze/boot/Makefile      |   10 ++--------
 arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile         |    8 +++-----
 arch/x86/platform/ce4100/Makefile  |   10 ++++++++++
 include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h  |   15 ++++++++++++---
 scripts/Makefile.lib               |   21 ++++++++++++++++++++-
 6 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 17 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.3