Subject: [PATCH v2 0/5] kretprobe fixes

From: "Naveen N. Rao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:23:36 +0530

I'm including all patches (generic and powerpc changes) in
this series as suggested by Masami.

v1 patches:
https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=148718276424380
https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=148723314105453&w=2

Patches 1 and 2 are the same as v1.
Patch 3 is updated to include a line in ftrace README.
Patch 4 is new.
Patch 5 is updated to consider ftrace README.

Thanks,
Naveen

Naveen N. Rao (5):
  kretprobes: ensure probe location is at function entry
  powerpc: kretprobes: override default function entry offset
  trace/kprobes: allow return probes with offsets and absolute addresses
  perf: kretprobes: offset from reloc_sym if kernel supports it
  perf: powerpc: choose local entry point with kretprobes

 arch/powerpc/kernel/kprobes.c               |  9 ++++++
 include/linux/kprobes.h                     |  1 +
 kernel/kprobes.c                            | 13 ++++++++
 kernel/trace/trace.c                        |  1 +
 kernel/trace/trace_kprobe.c                 |  8 -----
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/sym-handling.c |  9 +++---
 tools/perf/util/probe-event.c               | 47 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
 tools/perf/util/probe-event.h               |  2 ++
 8 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)

-- 
2.11.0