Subject: [PATCH 0/3] powernv:idle: Fixes for CPU-Hotplug on POWER DD1.0

From: "Gautham R. Shenoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:31:25 +0530

From: "Gautham R. Shenoy" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

This patchset contains fixes to make CPU-Hotplug working on correctly
on POWER9 DD1 systems.

There are three patches in the series.

- The first patch adds a fallback mechanism for CPU-Hotplug when no
  platform idle state is available.

- The second patch ensures that the kernel doesn't use any stop state
  that is not exposed by the firmware.

- The third patch adds a recovery framework for correctly recovering
  paca pointer of the thread waking up from a stop.

These patches are based on powerpc/linux.git "fixes" with the top
commit a7d2475af7aed ("powerpc: Sort the selects under CONFIG_PPC").

The patches have been tested with stop1 (ESL=EC=1) as the
deepest-state entered into during CPU-Hotplug.

Gautham R. Shenoy (3):
  powernv:smp: Add busy-wait loop as fall back for CPU-Hotplug
  powernv:idle: Don't override default/deepest directly in kernel
  powernv:Recover correct PACA on wakeup from a stop on P9 DD1

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h          |  5 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c        |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_book3s.S        | 43 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/idle.c    | 49 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/powernv.h |  1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c     | 18 ++++++++++--
 6 files changed, 105 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-- 
1.9.4