Subject: [PATCH RFC 0/8] powerpc barrier_nospec

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 19:32:58 +0100

Hello,

this is patchset adding barrier_nospec on powerpc. It is based on the
out-of-tree gmb() patch and the existing rfi patches.

I do not have the tests for the Spectre/Meltdown issues available so this is
untested.

Feedback on the general approach as well as actual effectivity is welcome.

Thanks

Michal

Michal Suchanek (8):
  powerpc: Add barrier_nospec
  powerpc: Use barrier_nospec in copy_from_user
  powerpc/64: Use barrier_nospec in syscall entry
  powerpc/64s: Add support for ori barrier_nospec
  powerpc/64: Patch barrier_nospec in modules
  powerpc/64: barrier_nospec: Add debugfs trigger
  powerpc/64s: barrier_nospec: Add hcall triggerr
  powerpc/64: barrier_nospec: Add commandline trigger

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/barrier.h        |  9 ++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/feature-fixups.h |  9 ++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/setup.h          | 11 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h        | 11 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S            |  3 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module.c              |  6 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup_64.c            | 72 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S         |  7 +++
 arch/powerpc/lib/feature-fixups.c         | 38 ++++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c    | 38 ++++++++++------
 10 files changed, 190 insertions(+), 14 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.6