Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] EEH refactoring 1

From: Sam Bobroff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 13:45:53 +1100

Hello everyone,

Here is a set of some small, mostly idempotent, changes to improve
maintainability in some of the EEH code, primarily in eeh_driver.c.

I've kept them all small to aid review but perhaps they should be squashed down
before being applied.

Cheers,
Sam.

Patch set changelog follows:

====== v1 -> v2: ======

Patch 1/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove eeh_handle_event()

Patch 2/9: powerpc/eeh: Manage EEH_PE_RECOVERING inside eeh_handle_normal_event()

Patch 3/9: powerpc/eeh: Fix misleading comment in __eeh_addr_cache_get_device()

Patch 4/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove misleading test in eeh_handle_normal_event()

Patch 5/9: powerpc/eeh: Rename frozen_bus to bus in eeh_handle_normal_event()

Patch 6/9: powerpc/eeh: Clarify arguments to eeh_reset_device()
* Re-ordered parameters to eeh_reset_device() to keep pe first.
* Changed eeh_aware_driver to driver_eeh_aware.

Patch 7/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove always-true tests in eeh_reset_device()

Patch 8/9: powerpc/eeh: Factor out common code eeh_reset_device()
* In one case, added braces to "if" to match "else".

Patch 9/9: powerpc/eeh: Add eeh_state_active() helper

====== v1: ======

Patch 1/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove eeh_handle_event()
Patch 2/9: powerpc/eeh: Manage EEH_PE_RECOVERING inside eeh_handle_normal_event()
Patch 3/9: powerpc/eeh: Fix misleading comment in __eeh_addr_cache_get_device()
Patch 4/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove misleading test in eeh_handle_normal_event()
Patch 5/9: powerpc/eeh: Rename frozen_bus to bus in eeh_handle_normal_event()
Patch 6/9: powerpc/eeh: Clarify arguments to eeh_reset_device()
Patch 7/9: powerpc/eeh: Remove always-true tests in eeh_reset_device()
Patch 8/9: powerpc/eeh: Factor out common code eeh_reset_device()
Patch 9/9: powerpc/eeh: Add eeh_state_active() helper

Sam Bobroff (9):
  powerpc/eeh: Remove eeh_handle_event()
  powerpc/eeh: Manage EEH_PE_RECOVERING inside eeh_handle_normal_event()
  powerpc/eeh: Fix misleading comment in __eeh_addr_cache_get_device()
  powerpc/eeh: Remove misleading test in eeh_handle_normal_event()
  powerpc/eeh: Rename frozen_bus to bus in eeh_handle_normal_event()
  powerpc/eeh: Clarify arguments to eeh_reset_device()
  powerpc/eeh: Remove always-true tests in eeh_reset_device()
  powerpc/eeh: Factor out common code eeh_reset_device()
  powerpc/eeh: Add eeh_state_active() helper

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h               |   6 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh_event.h         |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh.c                    |  19 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_cache.c              |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_driver.c             | 137 +++++++++++----------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_event.c              |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-powernv.c |   9 +-
 7 files changed, 72 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)

-- 
2.16.1.74.g9b0b1f47b