Subject: [PATCH 0/9] PCI hotplug diet

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 16:29:00 +0200

Here's PCI hotplug material I've prepared for v4.20:

Patches [1/9] to [8/9] reduce the code by 488 lines.  There should be no
loss of functionality and no new features, just less and simpler code.

Patch [9/9] collects TODOs for hotplug drivers to spur contributions.

I've assumed that my patch "PCI: pciehp: Differentiate between surprise
and safe removal" (submitted July 31) gets merged before this series:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/951386/

If that patch is not accepted or other pciehp-related patches are merged
before this series, I'll have to rebase patch [4/9] ("PCI: pciehp: Unify
controller and slot structs").  No big deal, just a heads-up.

Thanks,

Lukas

Lukas Wunner (9):
  PCI: Simplify disconnected marking
  PCI: pciehp: Drop unnecessary includes
  PCI: pciehp: Drop hotplug_slot_ops wrappers
  PCI: pciehp: Unify controller and slot structs
  PCI: pciehp: Reshuffle controller struct for clarity
  PCI: hotplug: Constify hotplug_slot_ops
  PCI: hotplug: Drop hotplug_slot_info
  PCI: hotplug: Embed hotplug_slot
  PCI: hotplug: Document TODOs

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pnv-pci.h      |   2 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/TODO                |  74 +++++++
 drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp.h           |  10 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_core.c      |  36 +---
 drivers/pci/hotplug/acpiphp_ibm.c       |   2 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpci_hotplug.h      |  11 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpci_hotplug_core.c | 105 +++-------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpci_hotplug_pci.c  |   6 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp.h            |   9 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_core.c       |  59 ++----
 drivers/pci/hotplug/cpqphp_ctrl.c       |  31 +--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp.h            |   9 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_core.c       | 121 ++++-------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/ibmphp_ebda.c       |  70 +------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pci_hotplug_core.c  |  53 ++---
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.h            | 138 ++++++-------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_core.c       | 127 +++---------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_ctrl.c       | 255 +++++++++++-------------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_hpc.c        | 127 ++++--------
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_pci.c        |  24 +--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pnv_php.c           |  35 ++--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp.h            |  10 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp_core.c       |  20 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp_pci.c        |  11 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/rpaphp_slot.c       |  22 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/s390_pci_hpc.c      |  44 ++--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/sgi_hotplug.c       |  63 +++---
 drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp.h            |   8 +-
 drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_core.c       |  48 ++---
 drivers/pci/hotplug/shpchp_ctrl.c       |  21 +-
 drivers/pci/pci.c                       |   4 +-
 drivers/pci/pcie/err.c                  |   8 +-
 drivers/pci/slot.c                      |   2 +-
 drivers/platform/x86/asus-wmi.c         |  39 +---
 drivers/platform/x86/eeepc-laptop.c     |  43 ++--
 include/linux/pci_hotplug.h             |  43 +---
 36 files changed, 638 insertions(+), 1052 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/pci/hotplug/TODO

-- 
2.18.0