Subject: [PATCH v5 00/16] powerpc/32: Use BATs/LTLBs for STRICT_KERNEL_RWX

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 19:08:36 +0000 (UTC)

The purpose of this serie is to:
- use BATs with STRICT_KERNEL_RWX on book3s (See patch 13 for details.)
- use LTLBs with STRICT_KERNEL_RWX on 8xx (See patch 15 for a few details.)

v5:
- Changed var type from unsigned long to phys_addr_t in mapin_ram()
to fix build failure due to type mismatch in min() macro (patch 4).

v4:
- Fixed mapin_ram() to only map mem below total_lowmem (patch 4)
- Fixed sparse warning by making __mmu_mapin_ram static (patch 13)

v3:
- Reordered to avoid build failure due to setibat() not being used for several steps in the serie.
Now the patch using setibat() is next to the one adding setibat().
- Fixed mmu_mapin_ram() in patch 3 to return base in all cases, thanks Jonathan for the test
- Fixed build failure on 8xx when CONFIG_PERF_EVENTS is set due to too many instructions in Exception 0x1200
- Made 8M alignment for data the default on 8xx when STRICT_KERNEL_RWX is selected.
- Added patch 1 to not set additionnal bat on the wii when requesting nobats. The only purpose of this patch
is to be backported, as this function is removed later in the series.

v2:
- Fix patch 2 (was patch 3 in v1) based on feedback from Jonathan.
- Added support for 8xx with LTLBs.
- Added systematic population of pagetables for Abatron BDI.

Christophe Leroy (16):
  powerpc/wii: properly disable use of BATs when requested.
  powerpc/mm/32: add base address to mmu_mapin_ram()
  powerpc/mm/32s: rework mmu_mapin_ram()
  powerpc/mm/32s: use generic mmu_mapin_ram() for all blocks.
  powerpc/32: always populate page tables for Abatron BDI.
  powerpc/wii: remove wii_mmu_mapin_mem2()
  powerpc/mm/32s: use _PAGE_EXEC in setbat()
  powerpc/32: add helper to write into segment registers
  powerpc/mmu: add is_strict_kernel_rwx() helper
  powerpc/kconfig: define PAGE_SHIFT inside Kconfig
  powerpc/kconfig: define CONFIG_DATA_SHIFT and CONFIG_ETEXT_SHIFT
  powerpc/mm/32s: add setibat() clearibat() and update_bats()
  powerpc/mm/32s: Use BATs for STRICT_KERNEL_RWX
  powerpc/kconfig: make _etext and data areas alignment configurable on
    Book3s 32
  powerpc/8xx: don't disable large TLBs with CONFIG_STRICT_KERNEL_RWX
  powerpc/kconfig: make _etext and data areas alignment configurable on
    8xx

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |  60 +++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/32/mmu-hash.h |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/32/pgtable.h  |  11 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu.h                |  11 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/32/mmu-8xx.h  |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/page.h               |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h                |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_32.S                 |  35 +++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_8xx.S                |  54 ++++++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S             |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/40x_mmu.c                     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/44x_mmu.c                     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/8xx_mmu.c                     |  33 ++++-
 arch/powerpc/mm/fsl_booke_mmu.c               |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/init_32.c                     |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/mmu_decl.h                    |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable_32.c                  |  42 +++---
 arch/powerpc/mm/ppc_mmu_32.c                  | 180 ++++++++++++++++++++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/embedded6xx/wii.c      |  24 ----
 19 files changed, 393 insertions(+), 111 deletions(-)

-- 
2.13.3