Subject: [PATCH v1 00/27] Reduce ifdef mess in hugetlbpage.c and slice.c

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:06:35 +0000 (UTC)

The main purpose of this series is to reduce the amount of #ifdefs in
hugetlbpage.c and slice.c

At the same time, it does some cleanup by reducing the number of BUG_ON()
and dropping unused functions.

It also removes 64k pages related code in nohash/64 as 64k pages are
can only by selected on book3s/64

Christophe Leroy (27):
  powerpc/mm: Don't BUG() in hugepd_page()
  powerpc/mm: don't BUG in add_huge_page_size()
  powerpc/mm: don't BUG() in slice_mask_for_size()
  powerpc/book3e: drop mmu_get_tsize()
  powerpc/mm: drop slice_set_user_psize()
  powerpc/64: only book3s/64 supports CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES
  powerpc/book3e: hugetlbpage is only for CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E
  powerpc/mm: move __find_linux_pte() out of hugetlbpage.c
  powerpc/mm: make hugetlbpage.c depend on CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE
  powerpc/mm: make gup_hugepte() static
  powerpc/mm: split asm/hugetlb.h into dedicated subarch files
  powerpc/mm: add a helper to populate hugepd
  powerpc/mm: define get_slice_psize() all the time
  powerpc/mm: no slice for nohash/64
  powerpc/mm: cleanup ifdef mess in add_huge_page_size()
  powerpc/mm: move hugetlb_disabled into asm/hugetlb.h
  powerpc/mm: cleanup HPAGE_SHIFT setup
  powerpc/mm: cleanup remaining ifdef mess in hugetlbpage.c
  powerpc/mm: drop slice DEBUG
  powerpc/mm: remove unnecessary #ifdef CONFIG_PPC64
  powerpc/mm: hand a context_t over to slice_mask_for_size() instead of
    mm_struct
  powerpc/mm: move slice_mask_for_size() into mmu.h
  powerpc/mm: remove a couple of #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_64K_PAGES in
    mm/slice.c
  powerpc: define subarch SLB_ADDR_LIMIT_DEFAULT
  powerpc/mm: flatten function __find_linux_pte()
  powerpc/mm: flatten function __find_linux_pte() step 2
  powerpc/mm: flatten function __find_linux_pte() step 3

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                             |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/hugetlb.h     |  73 +++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/mmu.h         |  22 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/slice.h       |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hugetlb.h               |  87 +-------
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/32/hugetlb-8xx.h |  45 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/32/mmu-8xx.h     |  18 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/32/slice.h       |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/64/pgalloc.h     |   3 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/64/pgtable.h     |   4 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/64/slice.h       |  12 --
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/hugetlb-book3e.h |  45 +++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/pte-book3e.h     |   5 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/page.h                  |  12 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgtable-be-types.h      |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgtable-types.h         |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgtable.h               |   3 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/slice.h                 |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/task_size_64.h          |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c                     |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c               |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/Makefile                         |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/hash_utils_64.c                  |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage-book3e.c             |  52 ++---
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage-hash64.c             |  16 ++
 arch/powerpc/mm/hugetlbpage.c                    | 245 ++++-------------------
 arch/powerpc/mm/pgtable.c                        | 114 +++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/mm/slice.c                          | 132 ++----------
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S                    |  31 ---
 arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_nohash.c                     |  13 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype           |   4 +
 31 files changed, 438 insertions(+), 548 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/32/hugetlb-8xx.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/64/slice.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/nohash/hugetlb-book3e.h

-- 
2.13.3