Subject: [PATCH RESEND 0/3] Device-memory-related cleanups

From: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 20:01:55 +0100

[This time hopefully without botching Oliver's address.. sorry for the spam]

Hi,

As promised, these are my preparatory cleanup patches that have so far
fallen out of pmem DAX work for arm64. Patch #1 has already been out for
a ride in Anshuman's hot-remove series, so I've collected the acks
already given.

Since we have various things in flight at the moment touching arm64
pagetable code, I'm wary of conflicts and cross-tree dependencies for
our actual ARCH_HAS_PTE_DEVMAP implementation. Thus it would be nice if
these could be picked up for 5.2 via mm or nvdimm as appropriate, such
that we can then handle the devmap patch itself via arm64 next cycle.

Robin.

Robin Murphy (3):
  mm/memremap: Rename and consolidate SECTION_SIZE
  mm: clean up is_device_*_page() definitions
  mm: introduce ARCH_HAS_PTE_DEVMAP

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                         |  2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/pgtable.h |  1 -
 arch/x86/Kconfig                             |  2 +-
 arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable.h               |  4 +-
 arch/x86/include/asm/pgtable_types.h         |  1 -
 include/linux/mm.h                           | 47 +++++++-------------
 include/linux/mmzone.h                       |  1 +
 include/linux/pfn_t.h                        |  4 +-
 kernel/memremap.c                            | 10 ++---
 mm/Kconfig                                   |  5 +--
 mm/gup.c                                     |  2 +-
 mm/hmm.c                                     |  2 -
 12 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.21.0.dirty