Subject: [RFC PATCH v2 00/12] Reduce ifdef mess in ptrace

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 15:47:49 +0000 (UTC)

The purpose of this series is to reduce the amount of #ifdefs
in ptrace.c

This is a first try. Most of it is done, there are still some #ifdefs that
could go away.

Please comment and tell whether it is worth continuing in that direction.

v2:
- Fixed several build failures. Now builts cleanly on kisskb, see http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/840e53cf913d6096dd60181a085f102c85d6e526/
- Droped last patch which is not related to ptrace and can be applies independently.

Christophe Leroy (12):
  powerpc: move ptrace into a subdirectory.
  powerpc/ptrace: drop unnecessary #ifdefs CONFIG_PPC64
  powerpc/ptrace: drop PARAMETER_SAVE_AREA_OFFSET
  powerpc/ptrace: split out VSX related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out ALTIVEC related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out SPE related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out TRANSACTIONAL_MEM related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: move register viewing functions out of ptrace.c
  powerpc/ptrace: split out ADV_DEBUG_REGS related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: create ptrace_get_debugreg()
  powerpc/ptrace: create ppc_gethwdinfo()
  powerpc/ptrace: move ptrace_triggered() into hw_breakpoint.c

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ptrace.h           |    9 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/ptrace.h      |   12 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                |    7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c         |   16 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c                | 3402 ---------------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/Makefile         |   20 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-adv.c     |  511 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-altivec.c |  151 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-decl.h    |  184 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-noadv.c   |  291 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-novsx.c   |   83 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-spe.c     |   92 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-tm.c      |  879 +++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-view.c    |  953 ++++++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-vsx.c     |  177 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace.c         |  430 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/{ => ptrace}/ptrace32.c |    0
 17 files changed, 3798 insertions(+), 3419 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/Makefile
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-adv.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-altivec.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-decl.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-noadv.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-novsx.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-spe.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-tm.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-view.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-vsx.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace.c
 rename arch/powerpc/kernel/{ => ptrace}/ptrace32.c (100%)

-- 
2.13.3