Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Disable compat cruft on ppc64le v2

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 12:30:25 +0200

With endian switch disabled by default the ppc64le compat supports
ppc32le only which is something next to nobody has binaries for.

Less code means less bugs so drop the compat stuff.

I am not particularly sure about the best way to resolve the llseek
situation. I don't see anything in the syscal tables making it
32bit-only so I suppose it should be available on 64bit as well.

This is tested on ppc64le top of

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1153556/

Changes in v2: saner CONFIG_COMPAT ifdefs

Thanks

Michal

Michal Suchanek (4):
  fs: always build llseek.
  powerpc: move common register copy functions from signal_32.c to
    signal.c
  powerpc/64: make buildable without CONFIG_COMPAT
  powerpc/64: Disable COMPAT if littleendian.

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig               |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/syscall.h |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile       |  15 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S     |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c       | 146 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c    | 140 ---------------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c   |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c         |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.c      |  14 ++-
 fs/read_write.c                    |   2 -
 10 files changed, 177 insertions(+), 155 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0