Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] Disable compat cruft on ppc64le v3

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 18:43:47 +0200

Less code means less bugs so add a knob to skip the compat stuff.

This is tested on ppc64le top of

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1153556/

Changes in v2: saner CONFIG_COMPAT ifdefs
Changes in v3:
 - change llseek to 32bit instead of builing it unconditionally in fs
 - clanup the makefile conditionals
 - remove some ifdefs or convert to IS_DEFINED where possible

Michal Suchanek (4):
  powerpc: make llseek 32bit-only.
  powerpc: move common register copy functions from signal_32.c to
    signal.c
  powerpc/64: make buildable without CONFIG_COMPAT
  powerpc/64: Make COMPAT user-selectable disable on littleendian by
    default.

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                     |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile             |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S           |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c             | 143 ++++++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c          | 140 ----------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c         |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c               |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.c            |  13 ++-
 9 files changed, 165 insertions(+), 156 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0