Subject: [PATCH v5 0/5] Disable compat cruft on ppc64le v5

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 00:28:35 +0200

Less code means less bugs so add a knob to skip the compat stuff.

This is tested on ppc64le top of

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1153556/

Changes in v2: saner CONFIG_COMPAT ifdefs
Changes in v3:
 - change llseek to 32bit instead of builing it unconditionally in fs
 - clanup the makefile conditionals
 - remove some ifdefs or convert to IS_DEFINED where possible
Changes in v4:
 - cleanup is_32bit_task and current_is_64bit
 - more makefile cleanup
Changes in v5:
 - more current_is_64bit cleanup
 - split off callchain.c 32bit and 64bit parts

Michal Suchanek (5):
  powerpc: make llseek 32bit-only.
  powerpc: move common register copy functions from signal_32.c to
    signal.c
  powerpc/64: make buildable without CONFIG_COMPAT
  powerpc/64: Make COMPAT user-selectable disabled on littleendian by
    default.
  powerpc/perf: split callchain.c by bitness

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                     |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/thread_info.h   |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile             |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S           |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c             | 144 ++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c          | 140 ---------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c         |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c               |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/Makefile               |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.c            | 379 +----------------------
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h            |  11 +
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c         | 218 +++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c         | 185 +++++++++++
 14 files changed, 579 insertions(+), 533 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c

-- 
2.22.0