Subject: [PATCH v7 0/6] Disable compat cruft on ppc64le v7

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 23:03:37 +0200

Less code means less bugs so add a knob to skip the compat stuff.

This is tested on ppc64le top of

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/cover/1153556/

Changes in v2: saner CONFIG_COMPAT ifdefs
Changes in v3:
 - change llseek to 32bit instead of builing it unconditionally in fs
 - clanup the makefile conditionals
 - remove some ifdefs or convert to IS_DEFINED where possible
Changes in v4:
 - cleanup is_32bit_task and current_is_64bit
 - more makefile cleanup
Changes in v5:
 - more current_is_64bit cleanup
 - split off callchain.c 32bit and 64bit parts
Changes in v6:
 - cleanup makefile after split
 - consolidate read_user_stack_32
 - fix some checkpatch warnings
Changes in v7:
 - add back __ARCH_WANT_SYS_LLSEEK to fix build with llseek
 - remove leftover hunk
 - add review tags

Michal Suchanek (6):
  powerpc: Add back __ARCH_WANT_SYS_LLSEEK macro
  powerpc: move common register copy functions from signal_32.c to
    signal.c
  powerpc/perf: consolidate read_user_stack_32
  powerpc/64: make buildable without CONFIG_COMPAT
  powerpc/64: Make COMPAT user-selectable disabled on littleendian by
    default.
  powerpc/perf: split callchain.c by bitness

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                   |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/thread_info.h |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/unistd.h      |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile           |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S         |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c           | 144 +++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c        | 140 ---------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c       |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c             |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/Makefile             |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.c          | 377 +------------------------
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h          |  11 +
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c       | 204 +++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c       | 185 ++++++++++++
 fs/read_write.c                        |   3 +-
 15 files changed, 566 insertions(+), 533 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c

-- 
2.22.0