Subject: [PATCH v3 00/13] Reduce ifdef mess in ptrace

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:53:50 +0000 (UTC)

The purpose of this series is to reduce the amount of #ifdefs
in ptrace.c

Link: https://github.com/linuxppc/issues/issues/128

Tentatively build checked on kisskb allthough kisskb seems overloaded and failing to complete the tests.
See http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/branch/chleroy/head/ff12a199b21e80584096a72665023d212499accd/

v3:
- Droped part of #ifdef removals iaw mpe's comments
- Removed unneccesary includes

v2:
- Fixed several build failures. Now builts cleanly on kisskb, see http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/kisskb/head/840e53cf913d6096dd60181a085f102c85d6e526/
- Droped last patch which is not related to ptrace and can be applies independently.

Christophe Leroy (13):
  powerpc: move ptrace into a subdirectory.
  powerpc/ptrace: remove unused header includes
  powerpc/ptrace: drop unnecessary #ifdefs CONFIG_PPC64
  powerpc/ptrace: drop PARAMETER_SAVE_AREA_OFFSET
  powerpc/ptrace: split out VSX related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out ALTIVEC related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out SPE related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: split out TRANSACTIONAL_MEM related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: move register viewing functions out of ptrace.c
  powerpc/ptrace: split out ADV_DEBUG_REGS related functions.
  powerpc/ptrace: create ptrace_get_debugreg()
  powerpc/ptrace: create ppc_gethwdinfo()
  powerpc/ptrace: move ptrace_triggered() into hw_breakpoint.c

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ptrace.h           |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                |    7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/hw_breakpoint.c         |   16 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c                | 3468 -------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/Makefile         |   20 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-adv.c     |  492 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-altivec.c |  126 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-decl.h    |  184 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-noadv.c   |  269 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-novsx.c   |   57 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-spe.c     |   66 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-tm.c      |  851 +++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-view.c    |  904 +++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-vsx.c     |  151 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace.c         |  480 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/{ => ptrace}/ptrace32.c |   11 -
 16 files changed, 3621 insertions(+), 3483 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/Makefile
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-adv.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-altivec.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-decl.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-noadv.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-novsx.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-spe.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-tm.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-view.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace-vsx.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/ptrace/ptrace.c
 rename arch/powerpc/kernel/{ => ptrace}/ptrace32.c (96%)

-- 
2.25.0