Subject: [PATCH v12 0/8] Disable compat cruft on ppc64le v12

From: Michal Suchanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 11:20:11 +0100

Less code means less bugs so add a knob to skip the compat stuff.

Changes in v2: saner CONFIG_COMPAT ifdefs
Changes in v3:
 - change llseek to 32bit instead of builing it unconditionally in fs
 - clanup the makefile conditionals
 - remove some ifdefs or convert to IS_DEFINED where possible
Changes in v4:
 - cleanup is_32bit_task and current_is_64bit
 - more makefile cleanup
Changes in v5:
 - more current_is_64bit cleanup
 - split off callchain.c 32bit and 64bit parts
Changes in v6:
 - cleanup makefile after split
 - consolidate read_user_stack_32
 - fix some checkpatch warnings
Changes in v7:
 - add back __ARCH_WANT_SYS_LLSEEK to fix build with llseek
 - remove leftover hunk
 - add review tags
Changes in v8:
 - consolidate valid_user_sp to fix it in the split callchain.c
 - fix build errors/warnings with PPC64 !COMPAT and PPC32
Changes in v9:
 - remove current_is_64bit()
Chanegs in v10:
 - rebase, sent together with the syscall cleanup
Changes in v11:
 - rebase
 - add MAINTAINERS pattern for ppc perf
Changes in v12:
 - simplify valid_user_sp and change to invalid_user_sp
 - remove superfluous perf patterns in MAINTAINERS

Michal Suchanek (8):
  powerpc: Add back __ARCH_WANT_SYS_LLSEEK macro
  powerpc: move common register copy functions from signal_32.c to
    signal.c
  powerpc/perf: consolidate read_user_stack_32
  powerpc/perf: consolidate valid_user_sp -> invalid_user_sp
  powerpc/64: make buildable without CONFIG_COMPAT
  powerpc/64: Make COMPAT user-selectable disabled on littleendian by
    default.
  powerpc/perf: split callchain.c by bitness
  MAINTAINERS: perf: Add pattern that matches ppc perf to the perf
    entry.

 MAINTAINERS                            |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                   |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/thread_info.h |   4 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/unistd.h      |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile           |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S         |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal.c           | 144 +++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c        | 140 ----------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscall_64.c       |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c             |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/Makefile             |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.c          | 356 +------------------------
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h          |  19 ++
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c       | 196 ++++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c       | 174 ++++++++++++
 fs/read_write.c                        |   3 +-
 16 files changed, 556 insertions(+), 514 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_32.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/perf/callchain_64.c

-- 
2.23.0