Subject: [PATCH 0/4] powerpc/eeh: Release EEH device state synchronously

From: Sam Bobroff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:56:38 +1100

Hi everyone,

Here are some fixes and cleanups that have come from other work but that I
think stand on their own.

Only one patch ("Release EEH device state synchronously", suggested by Oliver
O'Halloran) is a significant change: it moves the cleanup of some EEH device
data out of the (possibly asynchronous) device release handler and into the
(synchronously called) bus notifier. This is useful for future work as it makes
it easier to reason about the lifetimes of EEH structures.

Note that I've left a few WARN_ON_ONCEs in the code because I'm paranoid, but I
have not been able to hit them during testing.

Cheers,
Sam.

Sam Bobroff (4):
  powerpc/eeh: fix pseries_eeh_configure_bridge()
  powerpc/eeh: Release EEH device state synchronously
  powerpc/eeh: Remove workaround from eeh_add_device_late()
  powerpc/eeh: Clean up edev cleanup for VFs

 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh.c                    | 49 +++++++++++---------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-hotplug.c            |  2 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_dn.c                 |  9 +---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_pseries.c |  2 +-
 4 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)

-- 
2.22.0.216.g00a2a96fc9