Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] powerpc: Remove support for ppc405/440 Xilinx platforms

From: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 15:32:15 +0200

Hi,

recently we wanted to update xilinx intc driver and we found that function
which we wanted to remove is still wired by ancient Xilinx PowerPC
platforms. Here is the thread about it.
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-next/[email-masked]/

I have been talking about it internally and there is no interest in these
platforms and it is also orphan for quite a long time. None is really
running/testing these platforms regularly that's why I think it makes sense
to remove them also with drivers which are specific to this platform.

U-Boot support was removed in 2017 without anybody complain about it
https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx/commit/98f705c9cefdfdba62c069821bbba10273a0a8ed

Based on current ppc/next.

If anyone has any objection about it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Michal

Changes in v2:
- Remove also sound/drivers/pcm-indirect2.[ch] files
  Reported-by: Takashi Iwai <[email-masked]>
- Based on my chat with Arnd I removed arch/powerpc/xmon/ changes done in
  v1 to keep them the same as before. (kbuild reported some issues with it
  too)

Michal Simek (2):
  sound: ac97: Remove sound driver for ancient platform
  powerpc: Remove Xilinx PPC405/PPC440 support

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/xilinx.txt |  143 --
 Documentation/powerpc/bootwrapper.rst        |   28 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                  |    6 -
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug                   |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile                   |    7 +-
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/Makefile               |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/virtex440-ml507.dts    |  406 ------
 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/virtex440-ml510.dts    |  466 -------
 arch/powerpc/boot/ops.h                      |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/boot/serial.c                   |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/boot/uartlite.c                 |   79 --
 arch/powerpc/boot/virtex.c                   |   97 --
 arch/powerpc/boot/virtex405-head.S           |   31 -
 arch/powerpc/boot/wrapper                    |    8 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/40x/virtex_defconfig    |   75 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/44x/virtex5_defconfig   |   74 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc40x_defconfig        |    8 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc44x_defconfig        |    8 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/xilinx_intc.h       |   16 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/xilinx_pci.h        |   21 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cputable.c               |   39 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/Kconfig           |   31 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/Makefile          |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/virtex.c          |   54 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/Kconfig           |   37 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/Makefile          |    2 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/virtex.c          |   60 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/virtex_ml510.c    |   30 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig               |    4 -
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/Makefile                 |    2 -
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xilinx_intc.c            |   88 --
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xilinx_pci.c             |  132 --
 drivers/char/Kconfig                         |    2 +-
 drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig                  |    2 +-
 sound/drivers/Kconfig                        |   12 -
 sound/drivers/Makefile                       |    2 -
 sound/drivers/ml403-ac97cr.c                 | 1298 ------------------
 sound/drivers/pcm-indirect2.c                |  560 --------
 sound/drivers/pcm-indirect2.h                |  127 --
 39 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 3958 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/virtex440-ml507.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/dts/virtex440-ml510.dts
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/uartlite.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/virtex.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/boot/virtex405-head.S
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/40x/virtex_defconfig
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/44x/virtex5_defconfig
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/xilinx_intc.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/xilinx_pci.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/40x/virtex.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/virtex.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/virtex_ml510.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xilinx_intc.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xilinx_pci.c
 delete mode 100644 sound/drivers/ml403-ac97cr.c
 delete mode 100644 sound/drivers/pcm-indirect2.c
 delete mode 100644 sound/drivers/pcm-indirect2.h

-- 
2.26.0