Subject: [PATCH v8 0/8] powerpc: switch VDSO to C implementation

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 13:16:46 +0000 (UTC)

This is the seventh version of a series to switch powerpc VDSO to
generic C implementation.

Main changes since v7 are:
- Added gettime64 on PPC32

This series applies on today's powerpc/merge branch.

See the last patches for details on changes and performance.

Christophe Leroy (8):
  powerpc/vdso64: Switch from __get_datapage() to get_datapage inline
    macro
  powerpc/vdso: Remove __kernel_datapage_offset and simplify
    __get_datapage()
  powerpc/vdso: Remove unused \tmp param in __get_datapage()
  powerpc/processor: Move cpu_relax() into asm/vdso/processor.h
  powerpc/vdso: Prepare for switching VDSO to generic C implementation.
  powerpc/vdso: Switch VDSO to generic C implementation.
  lib/vdso: force inlining of __cvdso_clock_gettime_common()
  powerpc/vdso: Provide __kernel_clock_gettime64() on vdso32

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                         |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/clocksource.h       |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h         |  10 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/clocksource.h  |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/gettimeofday.h | 175 +++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/processor.h    |  23 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/vsyscall.h     |  25 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso_datapage.h     |  50 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c            |  49 +--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                   |  91 +-----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c                   |  58 +---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/Makefile          |  32 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/cacheflush.S      |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/config-fake32.h   |  34 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/datapage.S        |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/gettimeofday.S    | 300 +------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vdso32.lds.S      |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vgettimeofday.c   |  35 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/Makefile          |  23 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/cacheflush.S      |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/datapage.S        |  31 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/gettimeofday.S    | 243 +--------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vdso64.lds.S      |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vgettimeofday.c   |  29 ++
 lib/vdso/gettimeofday.c                      |   2 +-
 25 files changed, 460 insertions(+), 799 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/clocksource.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/clocksource.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/gettimeofday.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/processor.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/vsyscall.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/config-fake32.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vgettimeofday.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vgettimeofday.c

-- 
2.25.0