Subject: [PATCH v10 0/5] powerpc: switch VDSO to C implementation

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:09:21 +0000 (UTC)

This is the tenth version of a series to switch powerpc VDSO to
generic C implementation.

Changes since v10 are:
- Added a comment explaining the reason for the double stack frame
- Moved back .cfi_register lr next to mflr

Main changes since v9 are:
- Dropped the patches which put the VDSO datapage in front of VDSO text in the mapping
- Adds a second stack frame because the caller doesn't set one, at least on PPC64
- Saving the TOC pointer on PPC64 (is that really needed ?)

This series applies on today's powerpc/merge branch.

See the last patches for details on changes and performance.

Christophe Leroy (5):
  powerpc/processor: Move cpu_relax() into asm/vdso/processor.h
  powerpc/vdso: Prepare for switching VDSO to generic C implementation.
  powerpc/vdso: Save and restore TOC pointer on PPC64
  powerpc/vdso: Switch VDSO to generic C implementation.
  powerpc/vdso: Provide __kernel_clock_gettime64() on vdso32

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                         |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/clocksource.h       |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h         |  13 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/clocksource.h  |   7 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/gettimeofday.h | 197 ++++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/processor.h    |  23 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/vsyscall.h     |  25 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso_datapage.h     |  40 +--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c            |  49 +--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                   |  91 +-----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso.c                   |   5 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/Makefile          |  32 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/config-fake32.h   |  34 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/gettimeofday.S    | 300 +------------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vdso32.lds.S      |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vgettimeofday.c   |  35 +++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/Makefile          |  23 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/gettimeofday.S    | 242 +--------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vgettimeofday.c   |  29 ++
 19 files changed, 453 insertions(+), 702 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/clocksource.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/clocksource.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/gettimeofday.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/processor.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/vdso/vsyscall.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/config-fake32.h
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso32/vgettimeofday.c
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/vdso64/vgettimeofday.c

-- 
2.25.0