Subject: [PATCH v3 00/17] Implement GENERIC_CMDLINE

From: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 13:44:47 +0000 (UTC)

The purpose of this series is to improve and enhance the
handling of kernel boot arguments.

It is first focussed on powerpc but also extends the capability
for other arches.

This is based on suggestion from Daniel Walker <[email-masked]>

Main changes in V3:
- Also accept destination equal to source in cmdline_build() by setting a tmp buffer in __initdata. Powerpc provides different source and destination and call __cmdline_build() directly.
- Taken comments received from Will and Rob
- Converted all architectures (Only tested on powerpc)

Christophe Leroy (17):
  cmdline: Add generic function to build command line.
  drivers: of: use cmdline building function
  cmdline: Gives architectures opportunity to use generically defined
    boot cmdline manipulation
  powerpc: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  arm: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  arm64: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  hexagon: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  microblaze: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  nios2: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  openrisc: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  riscv: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  sh: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  sparc: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  xtensa: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  x86: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  mips: Convert to GENERIC_CMDLINE
  cmdline: Remove CONFIG_CMDLINE_EXTEND

 arch/arm/Kconfig                            | 38 +-------------
 arch/arm/kernel/atags_parse.c               | 15 ++----
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                          | 33 +-----------
 arch/arm64/kernel/idreg-override.c          |  9 ++--
 arch/hexagon/Kconfig                        | 11 +---
 arch/hexagon/kernel/setup.c                 | 10 +---
 arch/microblaze/Kconfig                     | 24 +--------
 arch/microblaze/configs/mmu_defconfig       |  2 +-
 arch/microblaze/kernel/head.S               |  4 +-
 arch/mips/Kconfig                           |  1 +
 arch/mips/Kconfig.debug                     | 44 ----------------
 arch/mips/configs/ar7_defconfig             |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/bcm47xx_defconfig         |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/bcm63xx_defconfig         |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/bmips_be_defconfig        |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/bmips_stb_defconfig       |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/capcella_defconfig        |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/ci20_defconfig            |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/cu1000-neo_defconfig      |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/cu1830-neo_defconfig      |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/e55_defconfig             |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/generic_defconfig         |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/gpr_defconfig             |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/loongson3_defconfig       |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/mpc30x_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/rt305x_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/tb0219_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/tb0226_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/tb0287_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/workpad_defconfig         |  1 -
 arch/mips/configs/xway_defconfig            |  1 -
 arch/mips/kernel/relocate.c                 |  4 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/setup.c                    | 40 +--------------
 arch/mips/pic32/pic32mzda/early_console.c   |  2 +-
 arch/mips/pic32/pic32mzda/init.c            |  2 -
 arch/nios2/Kconfig                          | 24 +--------
 arch/nios2/kernel/setup.c                   | 13 ++---
 arch/openrisc/Kconfig                       | 10 +---
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                        | 37 +------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.c             | 17 +++---
 arch/riscv/Kconfig                          | 44 +---------------
 arch/riscv/kernel/setup.c                   |  5 +-
 arch/sh/Kconfig                             | 30 +----------
 arch/sh/configs/ap325rxa_defconfig          |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/dreamcast_defconfig         |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/ecovec24-romimage_defconfig |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/ecovec24_defconfig          |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/edosk7760_defconfig         |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/espt_defconfig              |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/j2_defconfig                |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/kfr2r09-romimage_defconfig  |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/kfr2r09_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/lboxre2_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/microdev_defconfig          |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/migor_defconfig             |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/polaris_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/r7780mp_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/r7785rp_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/rsk7201_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/rsk7203_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/rts7751r2d1_defconfig       |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/rts7751r2dplus_defconfig    |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sdk7780_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sdk7786_defconfig           |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7206_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7343_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7712_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7721_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7724_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7751_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/se7780_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sh03_defconfig              |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sh2007_defconfig            |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sh7757lcr_defconfig         |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sh7763rdp_defconfig         |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/shmin_defconfig             |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/shx3_defconfig              |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/titan_defconfig             |  2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/ul2_defconfig               |  2 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/setup.c                      | 11 +---
 arch/sparc/Kconfig                          | 18 +------
 arch/sparc/prom/bootstr_64.c                |  2 +-
 arch/x86/Kconfig                            | 45 +---------------
 arch/x86/kernel/setup.c                     | 17 +-----
 arch/xtensa/Kconfig                         | 15 +-----
 arch/xtensa/configs/audio_kc705_defconfig   |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/common_defconfig        |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/generic_kc705_defconfig |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/iss_defconfig           |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/nommu_kc705_defconfig   |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/smp_lx200_defconfig     |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/virt_defconfig          |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/configs/xip_kc705_defconfig     |  1 -
 arch/xtensa/kernel/setup.c                  | 10 +---
 drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/x86-stub.c     | 26 +++++-----
 drivers/of/fdt.c                            | 23 ++-------
 include/linux/cmdline.h                     | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++
 init/Kconfig                                | 46 +++++++++++++++++
 98 files changed, 209 insertions(+), 580 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 include/linux/cmdline.h

-- 
2.25.0