Subject: [PATCH v2 RESEND 0/5] sched/vtime: vtime.h headers cleanup

From: Alexander Gordeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 15:33:36 +0100

Hi All,

There are no changes since the last post, just a re-send.

v2:

- patch 4: commit message reworded (Heiko)
- patch 5: vtime.h is removed from Kbuild scripts (PowerPC only) (Heiko)

v1:

Please find a small cleanup to vtime_task_switch() wiring.
I split it into smaller patches to allow separate PowerPC
vs s390 reviews. Otherwise patches 2+3 and 4+5 could have
been merged.

I tested it on s390 and compile-tested it on 32- and 64-bit
PowerPC and few other major architectures only, but it is
only of concern for CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING_NATIVE-capable
ones (AFAICT).

Thanks!

Alexander Gordeev (5):
  sched/vtime: remove confusing arch_vtime_task_switch() declaration
  sched/vtime: get rid of generic vtime_task_switch() implementation
  s390/vtime: remove unused __ARCH_HAS_VTIME_TASK_SWITCH leftover
  s390/irq,nmi: include <asm/vtime.h> header directly
  sched/vtime: do not include <asm/vtime.h> header

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/Kbuild    |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cputime.h | 13 -------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c         | 22 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 arch/s390/include/asm/vtime.h      |  2 --
 arch/s390/kernel/irq.c             |  1 +
 arch/s390/kernel/nmi.c             |  1 +
 include/asm-generic/vtime.h        |  1 -
 include/linux/vtime.h              |  5 -----
 kernel/sched/cputime.c             | 13 -------------
 9 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/asm-generic/vtime.h

-- 
2.40.1