Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Deduplicate bin_attribute simple read() callbacks

From: Lukas Wunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:52:00 +0200

For my upcoming PCI device authentication v2 patches, I have the need
to expose a simple buffer in virtual memory as a bin_attribute.

It turns out we've duplicated the ->read() callback for such simple
buffers a fair number of times across the tree.

So instead of reinventing the wheel, I decided to introduce a common
helper and eliminate all duplications I could find.

I'm open to a bikeshedding discussion on the sysfs_bin_attr_simple_read()
name. ;)

Lukas Wunner (2):
  sysfs: Add sysfs_bin_attr_simple_read() helper
  treewide: Use sysfs_bin_attr_simple_read() helper

 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal.c              | 10 +-------
 drivers/acpi/bgrt.c                                |  9 +-------
 drivers/firmware/dmi_scan.c                        | 12 ++--------
 drivers/firmware/efi/rci2-table.c                  | 10 +-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/i915/gvt/firmware.c                | 26 +++++----------------
 .../intel/int340x_thermal/int3400_thermal.c        |  9 +-------
 fs/sysfs/file.c                                    | 27 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/sysfs.h                              | 15 ++++++++++++
 init/initramfs.c                                   | 10 +-------
 kernel/module/sysfs.c                              | 13 +----------
 10 files changed, 56 insertions(+), 85 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0