Subject: [RFC PATCH v3 00/11] powerpc: Add support for ftrace direct and BPF trampolines

From: Naveen N Rao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 00:24:03 +0530

This is v3 of the patches posted here:
http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Since v2, I have addressed review comments from Steven and Masahiro 
along with a few fixes. Patches 7-11 are new in this series and add 
support for ftrace direct and bpf trampolines. 

This series depends on the patch series from Benjamin Gray adding 
support for patch_ulong():
http://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

- Naveen

Naveen N Rao (11):
  powerpc/kprobes: Use ftrace to determine if a probe is at function
    entry
  powerpc/ftrace: Unify 32-bit and 64-bit ftrace entry code
  powerpc/module_64: Convert #ifdef to IS_ENABLED()
  powerpc/ftrace: Remove pointer to struct module from dyn_arch_ftrace
  kbuild: Add generic hook for architectures to use before the final
    vmlinux link
  powerpc64/ftrace: Move ftrace sequence out of line
  powerpc/ftrace: Add support for DYNAMIC_FTRACE_WITH_CALL_OPS
  powerpc/ftrace: Add support for DYNAMIC_FTRACE_WITH_DIRECT_CALLS
  samples/ftrace: Add support for ftrace direct samples on powerpc
  powerpc64/bpf: Fold bpf_jit_emit_func_call_hlp() into
    bpf_jit_emit_func_call_rel()
  powerpc64/bpf: Add support for bpf trampolines

 arch/Kconfig                                |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                        |   9 +
 arch/powerpc/Makefile                       |   8 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ftrace.h           |  29 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/module.h           |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h       |  14 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c           |  11 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/kprobes.c               |  18 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/module_64.c             |  67 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace.c          | 269 +++++++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_64_pg.c    |  73 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/trace/ftrace_entry.S    | 210 ++++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S           |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/net/bpf_jit.h                  |  11 +
 arch/powerpc/net/bpf_jit_comp.c             | 702 +++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/powerpc/net/bpf_jit_comp32.c           |   7 +-
 arch/powerpc/net/bpf_jit_comp64.c           |  68 +-
 arch/powerpc/tools/Makefile                 |  10 +
 arch/powerpc/tools/gen-ftrace-pfe-stubs.sh  |  49 ++
 samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct-modify.c       |  85 ++-
 samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct-multi-modify.c | 101 ++-
 samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct-multi.c        |  79 ++-
 samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct-too.c          |  83 ++-
 samples/ftrace/ftrace-direct.c              |  69 +-
 scripts/Makefile.vmlinux                    |   8 +
 scripts/link-vmlinux.sh                     |  11 +-
 26 files changed, 1813 insertions(+), 189 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/tools/Makefile
 create mode 100755 arch/powerpc/tools/gen-ftrace-pfe-stubs.sh

base-commit: e2b06d707dd067509cdc9ceba783c06fa6a551c2
prerequisite-patch-id: a1d50e589288239d5a8b1c1f354cd4737057c9d3
prerequisite-patch-id: da4142d56880861bd0ad7ad7087c9e2670a2ee54
prerequisite-patch-id: 609d292e054b2396b603890522a940fa0bdfb6d8
prerequisite-patch-id: 6f7213fb77b1260defbf43be0e47bff9c80054cc
prerequisite-patch-id: ad3b71bf071ae4ba1bee5b087e61a2055772a74f
-- 
2.45.2