Subject: [RFC v2 0/4] cma: powerpc fadump fixes

From: "Ritesh Harjani (IBM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 12:53:08 +0530

Please find the v2 of cma related powerpc fadump fixes.

Patch-1 is a change in mm/cma.c to make sure we return an error if someone uses
cma_init_reserved_mem() before the pageblock_order is initalized.

I guess, it's best if Patch-1 goes via mm tree and since rest of the changes
are powerpc fadump fixes hence those should go via powerpc tree. Right?

v1 -> v2:
=========
1. Review comments from David to call fadump_cma_init() after the
   pageblock_order is initialized. Also to catch usages if someone tries
   to call cma_init_reserved_mem() before pageblock_order is initialized.

[v1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/c1e[email-masked]/

Ritesh Harjani (IBM) (4):
  cma: Enforce non-zero pageblock_order during cma_init_reserved_mem()
  fadump: Refactor and prepare fadump_cma_init for late init
  fadump: Reserve page-aligned boot_memory_size during fadump_reserve_mem
  fadump: Move fadump_cma_init to setup_arch() after initmem_init()

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/fadump.h  |  7 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/fadump.c       | 55 +++++++++++++++---------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c |  6 ++--
 mm/cma.c                           |  9 +++++
 4 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)

--
2.46.0