Subject: [PATCH v2 0/6] x86/uaccess: Avoid barrier_nospec()

From: Josh Poimboeuf <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 14:55:19 -0700

At least for now, continue to assume mask_user_address() is safe on AMD
when combined with STAC/CLAC -- as get_user(), put_user() and
masked_user_access_begin() already do today.

v2:
- Separate copy_to_user() and clear_user() changes out into separate patches
- Add masking to __get_user() and __put_user()

v1:
https://lore.kernel.org/[email-masked]

Josh Poimboeuf (6):
  x86/uaccess: Avoid barrier_nospec() in copy_from_user()
  x86/uaccess: Avoid barrier_nospec() in __get_user()
  x86/uaccess: Rearrange putuser.S
  x86/uaccess: Add user pointer masking to __put_user()
  x86/uaccess: Add user pointer masking to copy_to_user()
  x86/uaccess: Add user pointer masking to clear_user()

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h |  2 +
 arch/x86/include/asm/uaccess_64.h  | 10 ++--
 arch/x86/lib/getuser.S             | 27 +++++++--
 arch/x86/lib/putuser.S             | 92 ++++++++++++++++++------------
 include/linux/uaccess.h            |  6 --
 5 files changed, 86 insertions(+), 51 deletions(-)

-- 
2.47.0