Subject: [PATCH 0/8] powerpc/book3s64: Hash / SLB fixes & improvements

From: "Ritesh Harjani (IBM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2025 09:21:39 +0530

Hello all,

While working over SLB related multi-hit issue we identified few more Hash / SLB
related issues, which this patch series fixes.

Patches 1-4 are various fixes related to SLB / HASH MMU.
Patches 5-8 are improvements in ptdump, slb preload and the last patch adds slb
user and kernel vmstat counters.

Patch-1 was posted earlier as a standalone fix here [1]. It has no changes
in this version. But since patch-6 is dependent on this, hence we clubbed all
Hash / SLB related patches into a common series.

Other than patch-1 (which was posted earlier), the rest of the patches are
mostly only tested in Qemu tcg for powernv and pseries. I will be testing these
on the real HW too before the next revision. But meanwhile it will be good to
get any reviews/feedback.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

Donet Tom (1):
  powerpc/mm: Fix SLB multihit issue during SLB preload

Ritesh Harjani (IBM) (7):
  book3s64/hash: Restrict stress_hpt_struct memblock region to within RMA limit
  book3s64/hash: Fix phys_addr_t printf format in htab_initialize()
  powerpc/ptdump/64: Fix kernel_hash_pagetable dump for ISA v3.00 HPTE format
  powerpc/ptdump: Dump PXX level info for kernel_page_tables
  powerpc/book3s64/slb: Make preload_add return type as void
  powerpc/book3s64/slb: Add no_slb_preload early cmdline param
  powerpc/book3s64/slb: Add slb faults to vmstat

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/mmu-hash.h |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c                 |   5 -
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/hash_utils.c         |  15 ++-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/internal.h           |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/mmu_context.c        |   2 -
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/slb.c                | 112 ++++--------------
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/8xx.c                  |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/book3s64.c             |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/hashpagetable.c        |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c               |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.h               |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/shared.c               |   5 +
 include/linux/vm_event_item.h                 |   4 +
 mm/vmstat.c                                   |   5 +
 15 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 106 deletions(-)

--
2.50.1