Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Remove DMA .map_page and .unmap_page callbacks

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 21:45:00 +0300

Hi,

This series continues following two series:
1. "dma-mapping: migrate to physical address-based API" 
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
2. "Preparation to .map_page and .unmap_page removal"
Preparation to .map_page and .unmap_page removal

In this series, the DMA .map_page/.unmap_page callbacks are converted to newly
introduced .map_phys/.unmap_phys interfaces. This conversion allows us to reduce
or eliminate (for certain ARCHs) use of struct pages in DMA path.

Thanks

Leon Romanovsky (9):
  alpha: Convert mapping routine to rely on physical address
  MIPS/jazzdma: Provide physical address directly
  parisc: Convert DMA map_page to map_phys interface
  powerpc: Convert to physical address DMA mapping
  sparc64: Use physical address DMA mapping
  x86: Use physical address for DMA mapping
  vdpa: Convert to physical address DMA mapping
  xen: swiotlb: Convert mapping routine to rely on physical address
  dma-mapping: remove unused map_page callback

 arch/alpha/kernel/pci_iommu.c            | 47 ++++++++++--------------
 arch/mips/jazz/jazzdma.c                 | 20 ++++++----
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/iommu.h         |  8 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dma-iommu.c          | 22 +++++------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iommu.c              | 14 +++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/system-bus.c  | 33 ++++++++++-------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/ibmebus.c | 15 ++++----
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c     | 21 ++++++-----
 arch/sparc/kernel/iommu.c                | 16 ++++----
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_sun4v.c            | 16 ++++----
 arch/sparc/mm/io-unit.c                  | 13 +++----
 arch/sparc/mm/iommu.c                    | 46 ++++++++++++-----------
 arch/x86/kernel/amd_gart_64.c            | 19 +++++-----
 drivers/parisc/ccio-dma.c                | 25 +++++++------
 drivers/parisc/sba_iommu.c               | 23 ++++++------
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/iova_domain.c     | 11 +++---
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/iova_domain.h     |  8 ++--
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/vduse_dev.c       | 18 +++++----
 drivers/xen/grant-dma-ops.c              | 20 ++++++----
 include/linux/dma-map-ops.h              |  7 ----
 kernel/dma/mapping.c                     | 12 ------
 kernel/dma/ops_helpers.c                 |  8 +---
 22 files changed, 208 insertions(+), 214 deletions(-)

-- 
2.51.0