Subject: [PATCH v2 00/11] powerpc/book3s64: Hash / SLB fixes & improvements

From: "Ritesh Harjani (IBM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2025 20:27:25 +0530

Hello All,

While working on slb multi-hit issue we identified few more fixes and
improvements required for Hash / SLB code. This patch series is a result of
that.

RFC -> v2:
==========
1. Addressed review comments from Christophe.
2. Added PATCH [5-8] as improvements patches.
3. Dropped the last patch which adds slb faults to vmstat counter.
   I'd like to do some more testing of this internally first, and if it proves to
   be really useful, I will send that patch separately later.

[RFC]: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

Donet Tom (1):
  powerpc/64s/slb: Fix SLB multihit issue during SLB preload

Ritesh Harjani (IBM) (10):
  powerpc/64s/hash: Restrict stress_hpt_struct memblock region to within RMA limit
  powerpc/64s/ptdump: Fix kernel_hash_pagetable dump for ISA v3.00 HPTE format
  powerpc/64s/hash: Fix phys_addr_t printf format in htab_initialize()
  powerpc/64s/hash: Improve hash mmu printk messages
  powerpc/64s/hash: Hash hpt_order should be only available with Hash MMU
  powerpc/64s/hash: Update directMap page counters for Hash
  powerpc/64s/pgtable: Enable directMap counters in meminfo for Hash
  powerpc/ptdump: Dump PXX level info for kernel_page_tables
  powerpc/64s/slb: Make preload_add return type as void
  powerpc/64s/slb: Add no_slb_preload early cmdline param

 .../admin-guide/kernel-parameters.txt         |   3 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/book3s/64/mmu-hash.h |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c                 |   5 -
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/hash_utils.c         |  41 +++++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/internal.h           |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/mmu_context.c        |   2 -
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/pgtable.c            |  23 ++--
 arch/powerpc/mm/book3s64/slb.c                | 109 +++---------------
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/8xx.c                  |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/book3s64.c             |   5 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/hashpagetable.c        |   6 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.c               |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/ptdump.h               |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/mm/ptdump/shared.c               |   5 +
 14 files changed, 93 insertions(+), 123 deletions(-)

--
2.51.0