Subject: [RFC v1 0/6] pseries/papr-hvpipe: Fix and simplify papr-hvpipe

From: "Ritesh Harjani (IBM)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2026 20:01:34 +0530

Haren reported a UAF / null ptr deref issue here [1]. While reviewing that and
going over papr-hvpipe code, I found couple of more issues around the usage of
copy_to_user() and few refactoring which simplifies the code.

This patch series is an attempt to that. Note that this is only compile tested
on pseries for now.

Haren, I will kindly need your help in verifying this please. Let me know if we
have a selftests or any other test framework for this, which I can utilize too.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/

Ritesh Harjani (IBM) (6):
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Fix null ptr deref in papr_hvpipe_dev_create_handle
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Fix the usage of copy_to_user()
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Simplify spin_unlock() usage in papr_hvpipe_handle_release
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Kill task_struct pointer from struct hvpipe_source_info
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Refactor and simplify hvpipe_rtas_recv_msg()
  pseries/papr-hvpipe: Simplify error handling in papr_hvpipe_init()

 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/papr-hvpipe.c | 135 +++++++++----------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/papr-hvpipe.h |   1 -
 2 files changed, 66 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)

--
2.39.5