Subject: [PATCH v1 0/8] powerpc/signal: Convert to scoped user access

From: "Christophe Leroy (CS GROUP)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2026 11:56:00 +0200

This series converts powerpc architecture signal handling to scoped
user access and enlarges some of the block accesses to minimise the
number of times user access has to be opened and closed.

As mentioned in individual patches, some bring real performance
improvement.

This series is built from previous series [1] which predates
implementation of scoped user access.

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/1718f388[email-masked]/T/#t

Christophe Leroy (CS GROUP) (8):
  powerpc/signal32: Convert to scoped user access
  powerpc/signal64: Untangle setup_tm_sigcontexts() and
    user_access_begin()
  powerpc/signal64: Convert to scoped user access
  powerpc/signal64: Access function descriptor with scoped user access
  powerpc/signal: Include the new stack frame inside the user access
    block
  signal: Add unsafe_copy_siginfo_to_user()
  powerpc/uaccess: Add unsafe_clear_user()
  powerpc/signal: Use unsafe_copy_siginfo_to_user()

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h |  20 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c    | 498 ++++++++++++++---------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_64.c    | 120 +++----
 include/linux/signal.h             |  15 +
 include/linux/uaccess.h            |   1 +
 kernel/signal.c                    |   5 -
 6 files changed, 323 insertions(+), 336 deletions(-)

-- 
2.54.0