Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/10] bootwrapper: Add a firmware-independent "raw" target.

From: Milton Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:01:46 -0500

On Sep 10, 2007, at 9:30 AM, Scott Wood wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 09:25:13AM -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
>>> (5) space below load to decompress vmlinux (no vmlinux_alloc to
>>> fallback to malloc)
>>> (6) all space above load address available to hold malloc region
>>> (7) for console output (or input) from wrapper, on most cpus, some
>>> magic setup
>>
>> For #5, I really need to get around to implementing setting the load
>> address at build-time based on the size of vmlinux...
>
> Actually, this isn't needed for raw images -- you can just load them
> wherever you want (and thus yes, it should be documented).  cuboot 
> needs
> it, though.

Yea, raw doesn't really care about the linked address.

>>> It's on my short list to rediff and repost those anyways.
>>
>> Where can I find the existing patches?

The last rediff is patchwork id 12168-12181 posted Jul 11.  They get 
context rejects in the Makefile and ops.h, and I plan to change the 
property name from boot-file in patch 12.  Also, I need to make the 
search for rmo_end be based on device_type "memory", looking for the 
extent starting at 0.

milton