Subject: Little glitches in sleep with a G3 iBook

From: Gioele Barabucci <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:30:08 +0200

Today I compiled Linux 2.6.12-gentoo-r6 and I tried to put my G3 crystal
iBook to sleep.

I started pmud and this is what happened when I closed the lid:
 (I am in X, backlight level is set to half and sound is playing)
 * I closed the lid
 * after about 1 second the sound has been stopped and the monitor backlight
level has been set to max (what causes this delay? why is the backlight
level set to max?)
 * after another second the backlight has been switched off
 * the led blinks
 * I opened the lid
 * I see some logs on the console that tell me that the system is recovering
from sleep (are these lines needed?)
 * the backlight level has been set to max (again...)
 * after half a second and the backlight has been set back to its original
value (half)
 * another second, probably more, and the sound is back (why this long
delay?)

Anyway everything is working fine, and I'm very happy to see sleep working
again. And even sound restarting without all the noise I had in the past.
Thanks to Ben and all the others that worked to make this all!

-- 
Gioele <[email-masked]>