Subject: Re: [PATCH] ppc32: 8xx board-specific platform stuff for fs_enet

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:18:17 -0500

On Nov 23, 2005, at 7:00 AM, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> The files in arch/ppc/8xx_io/ (which is what I think you refer to as
> candidates for drivers/), are:

I don't particularly like these macros, but I'm tired of fighting
about it.  If you follow the usage path, you will see it's only
used in the CPM drivers, and I wish people would just use
the data structure pointers to access these ports/bits with
standard C code and then place any synchronization
instructions properly.  There are some cases where you
have to be quite careful about how you read and write
some control registers, and I think this opens the possibility
to just be sloppy and make mistakes since the read/write
is hidden within the macro.

> Does anyone have hardware to test it? Dan?

Yes, I have hardware to test it.  I will do that one of these days.

Thanks.

	-- Dan